Too far from the market or the farm? Let us bring it right to you!
Buyer’s clubs are a system where a local host provides a drop-off location for our delivery vehicle and gets the word out so that a number of customers can order all at once. In exchange, Fox Hollow Farm delivers to that location as often as requested and the host either gets a small payment or a discount on their own order. Buyer’s clubs are a way for local farmers to distribute the food they raise on a small scale that is efficient and still allows the farmer to talk with each customer face-to-face.
How it works
- Minimum order - In order to meet expenses each delivery drop off needs to be at least $1000 in pre-orders. About a week before the delivery, and then again three days ahead, the farm will contact the host to let them know what the total is. If the total does not reach the minimum, the delivery will be delayed until the next delivery time.
- Timing - Typically we do a delivery once a month. About a week before the delivery, and then again three days ahead, the farm will contact the host to let them know the total. If the total does not reach the minimum, the delivery will be delayed until the next month. If the club grows and the host wishes to have deliveries more frequently we can do that!
- Host Contribution - In exchange for helping “get out the vote” on orders and providing a place to park the truck while we give customers their orders, the host will either receive a check for 5% of the sales for the delivery -or- 10% of the sales for that delivery discounted from their own order. The choice is yours!
- Where can I set up a buyer’s club? We are currently setting up buyer’s clubs in Columbus and Cleveland but anywhere within a 1 1/2 hour drive of the farm is eligible.
- What happens if I cannot get together the minimum order for more than a month? If a buyer’s club is unable to reach the minimum order then we won’t be able to keep delivering to the drop. However, if you want to set up your club for less frequent deliveries, such as quarterly, we would be happy to do that.
- Do buyer’s club customers have to get a whole cow? No, but you can order hanging weight (halves, wholes, etc.) through a buyer’s club. In that case we pay for the butchering on your behalf and then you pay the bill upon pickup. We do require a $50 deposit for delivery of a hanging weight purchase.
- What can we order? You can order anything on our online order form or hanging weight lamb, beef or pork. Hanging weight sales must be coordinated with butcher dates but individual cuts are available all the time. You can customer order any combination of cuts, seasonally available veggies and/or eggs!
- Do we need refrigeration or other storage on-site? No. We take care of keeping the stuff cool, storing it, and provide the customer service area for the drop.
- What is required for the delivery site? Enough space to park a full-size pickup truck and put up a small folding table plus space for anyone coming by car to park so they can pick up their order.
- Can we get fresh chicken for a buyer’s club delivery? No. Unfortunately the logistics for hauling the fresh chicken are a bit beyond us. We do offer fresh chicken for pickup at the farm though!.
- If I’m a host, when do I get my contribution? You will receive your payment or discount on the same day as the delivery.